Every girl in the world is absolutely ga-ga for pumpkin-flavored treats, and I am no exception. Any time I see pumpkin something-or-other at the grocery store I have to fight the urge to throw it into my cart immediately. But after the urge has been fought for a moment or two, I turn around and decide to go for it. Life is short, and pumpkin season is even shorter. So here’s a roundup of the best treats I’ve tried!
First off, I warn you to avoid Trader Joes if you’re trying to resist pumpkin treat mania. I saw some post about all of their pumpkin seasonal treats and there were seriously at least 25…so let’s assume those are all amazing and try to look at some other treats that aren’t specific to Trader Joes! (Although I couldn’t help but add a couple from there).
1. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix. Yes, let’s start out with TJs so we can get it out of the way. I crave pumpkin pancakes pretty much every winter morning, so it’s nice to have it all in one convenient package and not have to do it all myself. Add chocolate chips and you’ve got breakfast delight. (Or dinner…or lunch.)
2. Pumpkin Spice M&M’s. Okay, the jury is kind of still out on these, but they’re unique enough I had to add them to the list. With every bite it’s like…is this really good? Or kinda weird? But then I keep eating them. I actually think the peppermint ones are much better.
3. Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato. The heavens sang when I saw this one while unsuccessfully trying to pass by the ice cream aisle without a second glance. It’s important that you try this one.
4. Pumpkin Pie Lara Bar. For those moments when I realize I don’t need a treat, but I do need a treat. Enter: the healthy treat.
5. Stephen’s Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate. Stephen’s is a local specialty, and when it comes to powdered hot chocolate, it can’t be beat. So, of course the pumpkin pie flavor is the best of the best.
6. Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake. Normally Ben & Jerry’s is not a huge weakness of mine – I’d rather have gelato or frozen yogurt. But pumpkin cheesecake cannot be passed up.
7. Farr’s Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt. As I said, frozen yogurt is my number one frozen treat. Farr’s is some of the most creamy and flavorful around. I can never stay away even though I’m mad at them for always closing early.
8. Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter. Trader Joe’s has pumpkin butter that we have been plowing through all season, but maple pumpkin butter takes it up a notch. Add it to oatmeal, put it on toast, graham crackers, in smoothies, etc etc etc.
9. Great Harvest Pumpkin Bread. It’s like a delicious, moist bundt cake, really. But it’s bread so you don’t feel quite so bad.